Our research team has compiled a list of the top stories relevant to our buyers in Easter 2016.
The News Round Up below provides our clients with information about:
- UK student property sector
- Loughborough: The Foundry
- Leicester: Tudor Studios
- Bradford: Scholar’s Court
- Preston: Jubilee Court
- Ambleside: The Chapel
- UK Serviced Apartments sector
- Devon: Westbeach Luxury Serviced Apartments
Click on the above link to jump to the category or scroll down to look through the entire round up:
UK student property sector
- Record numbers of students accepted to UK universities in 2015.
- UCAS have announced a 0.2% annual increase in student applicants.
- National university intake levels relaxed further in 2016.
- UK ranks above US for international student satisfaction.
- Economic impact of student property market regarded as positive.
- View our properties in the student sector.
Loughborough: The Foundry
- Loughborough: An outstanding global university for Sport Science.
- £3 million improvement to campus building nearing completion.
- Loughborough: A Top 5 UK University for graduate employability.
- Loughborough is the most popular first choice university for UK students.
- University to play key role in transformation of UK’s energy sector.
- View The Foundry (Phase II), our new build student property in Loughborough.
Leicester: Tudor Studios
- City nominated for two out of three VisitEngland awards for excellence.
- Leicester identified as third best city in the UK to start a business.
- First of planned landscaped gardens created outside new university building.
- Continued boost to Leicester’s economy after series of major events.
- First phase of university project to build high quality football pitches completed.
- Council announces £20m investment to attract development and create jobs.
- Free Wi-Fi to be introduced in popular areas around city centre.
- View our Tudor Studios (Phase IV) Student Property.
Bradford: Scholar’s Court
- Bradford courses continue to be recognised among world’s elite.
- School of Management recognised in the Financial Time’s European Top 50.
- University awarded Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
- Work begins on Bradford’s new £14 million sports centre.
- Bradford and Leicester identified as up-and-coming UK property hotspots.
- View our Scholar’s Court Student Property.
Preston: Jubilee Court
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) retains position among global elite.
- University releases video of £200m Campus Masterplan vision.
- UCLan identified as major contributor to regional economy.
- Multimillion pound improvement work continues in city centre.
- £2.2 million redevelopment of historic Moor Park continuing on schedule.
- University’s global footprint grows with £6.5 million Middle East agreement.
- Preston’s appeal as a shopping destination predicted to grow.
- View Jubilee Court student property
Ambleside: The Chapel
- Cumbria awarded leading business award for importance to region’s economy.
- Record number of foreign visitors to Lake District.
- House prices soar in South Cumbria.
- University of Cumbria and National Trust sign ground-breaking agreement.
- £300k invested into improvements in nearby Waterhead area.
- View The Chapel, Ambleside.
UK Serviced Apartments sector
- Spending by overseas visitors to the UK expected to reach record levels in 2016.
- Hotel investments in the UK hit nine-year high of £8 billion.
- International tourist numbers have doubled in 15 years.
- Serviced apartments becoming mainstream accommodation choice.
- Satisfaction continues to grow among international visitors to the UK.
- UK serviced apartment sector set to double in size by 2017.
- Chinese visitor numbers to the UK grow by 40% in 2015.
- Star Wars awakens new wave of film tourism as fans seek out UK locations.
- Employment in the UK’s tourism sector has grown 12% in five years.
- View our available UK Serviced Apartments.
Devon: Westbeach Luxury Serviced Apartments
- Devon voted a UK Top 3 holiday hotspot.
- Rising tide of tourism on the South West Coast Path
- Surge in short-break tourism as stressed workers flock to the South West.
- £1.5 million funding confirmed for improvements to North Devon’s road links.
- Phase II of Connecting Devon and Somerset IT infrastructure project announced.
- 22% increase in South West property values by 2020.
- View Westbeach, Devon – our luxury beachside serviced apartments.