Key property investment questions
This infographic provides an overview of the 5 questions that investors need answered to ensure the quality of their chosen student property investment.
1. Is the property in a beneficial location?
With student property, there are a range of unique aspects to consider, from the size of student population through to the popularity of local universities.
2. What is the developer’s level of expertise’
Avoid inexperienced developers; try to use those with NHBC certification.
3. Who will manage the property?
Managing a block of multiple units requires niche expertise, so ensure that your management company is experienced in everything from marketing to maintenance.
4. How can I be assured of sustained demand?
Prior to investing, you should request details regarding the following drivers of sustained demand:
- Proximity to campus
- Current provision of accommodation
- Quality of onsite facilities
- Property management standards
- Popularity of local universities
5. What exit strategy is in place?
A fixed exit doesn’t enable any flexibility and personal circumstances can change. Being able to exit at a time that suits you is highly beneficial and a key aspect of investor security, giving you the confidence that – should your circumstances change – you will be able to liquidate.
View our Purpose Built Student Accommodation developments.