UCAS recently revealed that a record 461,000+ students from the EU and UK are beginning UK degree courses in 2014-15 – a 4% increase on last year. This was despite a decrease in the total number of 18-year-olds in the population.
Deregulation of national student intake levels
In 2015, the intake cap will be removed altogether, meaning that universities will be able to accept as many students as they want.
“What we’ve been determined to do is ensure that there is a place at university for all those that have the aspiration and capability.“
– Greg Clark, Minister of Universities, August 2014
This will, of course, put additional strain on an already undersupplied student housing sector and see demand for quality student rooms increase.
When the intake caps were removed in Australia in 2012, enrolment grew by more than 5% during the first two years of the policy.
Growing demand for Purpose Built Student Accommodation in Leicester
In 2014, both universities were inundated with applications through clearing and took on a record number of new students. With both having to turn away a large number of applicants, their intake is highly likely to increase in 2015.
Introducing Tudor Studios
With spacious studios and excellent onsite facilities, Tudor Studios provides a comfortable and convenient accommodation solution just a short walk from both major universities.
- New build student property
- Award winning developer
- Large student studios
- Professional onsite management – every detail, every day
- Excellent onsite facilities: high speed Wi-Fi, cinema, gym, games room
- Prime location near two highly regarded universities
- 10% NET fixed income: every year for 10 years
- 250-year leasehold ownership
- 10-year structural warranty
- Zero operating costs for 10 years
- Flexible resale options
- Priced from £49,950
View more about Tudor Studios.